Ever since I was 12 and broke my mum’s brand new PC (that she bought for £2000 back in 1994… I think it was an Olivetti 486?) I’ve enjoyed working with computers and IT in general. Today, I tend to specialise in Microsoft Server and Enterprise technologies. As well as Microsoft Azure and Office 365. I have since project managed and implemented several major core infrastructure improvements for previous companies I have worked for.
Copy of my CV can be found here: PDF version* | .Doc version. *
*These are obviously not complete and have details removed for security reasons. If you are a recruiter and would like a FULL copy of my CV, please contact me directly.
A brief rundown of my technical competencies are as follows:
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Technologies. (implementing HA and Fail over for business critical services.)
- As well as all the usual associated services with the above. (AD:DS, DHCP, Group Policies, DNS, IIS, DFS and DFSr etc)
- On-Prem Exchange 2010 and 2013 and well as hosted Exchange 365.
- Managing Microsoft Office 365. (hybrid) deployments.
- SharePoint (On-prem and O365)
- MS:SQL Services and Licencing.
- Having conducted several Licencing audits, I have a good understanding of current Microsoft Licencing Models. (2012, 2016, MS:SQL)
- Various Virtualisation technologies (such as VMware and Hyper-V.)
- Microsoft Work Spaces, remote access and VPN services. (Ipsec, SSTP, PPTP etc)
- General Server Hardware, Implementation and maintenance. Such as Dell and HP Enterprise grade servers.
- Nimble and DataCore Storage Technologies.
- CISCO and Juniper Networking equipment.
- Firewall technologies such as FTMG and Sophos.
- External Services such as Messagelabs etc.
- A good understanding of Debian derivatives and Centos.
- Along with common associated services (MySQL, Lamp etc)
- GDPR trained on current UK legislation (2018)
- Experienced in disaster recovery solutions and planning, Business continuity processes and management thereof.
- A good understanding of network security processes and techniques. (Currently studying towards CompTIA Security+)
- Cryptography technologies. (Implemented local CA’s, Root Trusts and Client Side Encryption)